Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias or the City of Arts and Sciences is a beautiful complex in Valencia, Spain. This wonderful cultural and architectural entertainment complex adds so much value and is considered the most modern attraction in the city.
The complex is made up of the following buildings:
- L’Hemisfèric — an Imax Cinema, Planetarium and Laserium.
- El Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe — an interactive museum of science.
- L’Umbracle — a landscaped walk with plant species indigenous to Valencia.
- L’Oceanogràfic — an open-air oceanographic park. It is the largest oceanographic aquarium in Europe with 110,000 square meters and 42 million liters of water. It was built in the shape of a water lily and is the work of architect Félix Candela.
- El Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia — an opera house and performing arts centre.
- L’Àgora — a covered plaza in which concerts and sporting events are held.